FY18 EPM Main Campus Training
January 23rd - January 27th 2017
Location: The Park Building, 4th Floor, Room 404
How do I register?
- Click on any of the "New User Registration" or "Current User Registration" hyperlink on the day and time desired below.
- An email should pop-up with all of the details that we need already populated.
- Click send.
- We will confirm receipt of your registration via email.
Please contact the Budget Office
with questions or to register for training at 801-587-3756 or 801-585-7956.
New User Training
Security Access Form (SAF)
This training is adapted to those who are new to using budget system or who would like a slower more rudimentary review of EPM and it's parts. This particular training is 2 hours maximum and will focus on the following topics:
- Budget Overview: A brief overview of the university's budgeting process.
- Logging into EPM & Main Menu: Gain familiarity of how to Log into EPM & learn about the EPM main menu functionality & navigation
- Forecasting in EPM: Understand how to insert your forecast into EPM and resources to support your forecast analysis.
- Projecting Next Year's Budget in EPM: Become familiar with the template necessary to budget personnel and non-personnel for the next fiscal year.
- Required Reports: Overview of the required reports due to the SVPAA and how they interrelate to the templates.
- Other Budget & Actual Reports: Introduction of the budget and actual reports located on the EPM main menu.
- Locking your Budget: Grasping the steps necessary to lock down your final EPM budget so that no alterations can be made.
- Q&A: Trainer will address any questions that may be still lingering
Current User Training
This training is adapted to those who are much more familiar with the university budget system and would like a summarized review. This training will focus on new updates and changes since the prior year and have ample time for Q&A. Atendees can expect that the training will be relatively brief.
- UofU Budget Overview: A brief overview of the University of Utah budgeting process and up and coming methodology updates.
- Brief Overview: Logging in, forecasting, budgeting, reviewing required, budget and actual reports, and finally locking your budget.
- Q&A: The trainer will address any lingering questions.